I review the following literary fiction:
- Mystery, Thriller, and Suspense
- Psychological / Horror
- Dystopian Young Adult
- Crime / Legal
- Contemporary Literature ( some pre-World War II )
Do contact me via email with the following information:
- Title of the book
- Author or pen name of the book
- Approximate word / page count
- Cover image to use in the review and if you would like, an image of the author
- Author photographer
- Jacket designer
- A small teaser about your book
- Link to buy the book
- Link(s) to the author's website / blog
- The authors' Twitter username / Facebook profile page
- Any links you think I might find helpful
- Where you found my site - so I may give a plug to the resource on the bottom of your review
- Would you be interested in a Q&A?
- Do not send me any part of your book, in file or in the email text itself. I will contact you by reply if I am interested and/or have time to review your book based on the email information I requested. If I am not interested, I will let you know and post your novel on my Not Reviewed page. Please do not be discouraged by a rejection, and feel free to query again with future projects. Not every book is going to appeal to every reader or every reviewer.
- Do not give me an affiliate link for your book purchase.
- Do not apply for a review if you do not want a brutally honest / unbiased review. I post what I truly think of the content.
Most of the books I read come from the library, but, sure, I do get contacted by people who would like for me to review a book. What I'm saying here is: I do promise I review all books honestly ~ regardless of whether they are given to me by an author, a publishing house, purchased at a local bookstore, or checked out at the library. I'll tell you what I think of the tale.
To find other book reviewers, I'd say these these two sites here have a couple in their pocket for sure:
Disclaimer: Should I accept your book for review, you will be asked for a copy of your novel and sent to me in either .mobi or .pdf format in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
Files are not shared with any third parties without the express permission from the author or publisher. I am adamant to the point I am harder than granite on that issue.
I will not make copies of content, or otherwise publish, disseminate or disclose any content until I post my review, all in respect to each author's intellectual property rights and confidentiality accordingly.
I will not disclose any twist the author worked so damn hard for, nor, the ending.
I will not read partially through a book nor skim past the boring parts to the end; the whole book was written for a reason and all parts are important.
I am also not obligated to give any book, publishing house, or author a positive review in return for any materials I receive. If I enjoy a book, I will reflect a review on that enjoyment; if I dislike a book, I will echo that aversion.
If you would appreciate a review, my blog is strictly my opinion on the author's use of his/her craft of displaying their imagination in words to tell a tale.
I will try to post my review within 4 weeks after my confirmation to you.
Authors and publishers and tour guides may use parts of my review for quotations.
Due to a recent FTC ruling I am required to let my readers know when I am reviewing a book for a publisher or author. In accordance with the new FTC Guidelines for blogging and endorsements, you should assume that every book reviewed here at Buttonholed Book Reviews was provided to the reviewer by the publisher, media group or the author for free and no financial payments were received, unless specified otherwise. In the event that I am reviewing a free review copy, it will be noted above the book review with the words "This book was provided by the publisher (or author) in exchange for my honest review."
I am not compensated in any form to provide opinion on books given for review. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, by the publisher or author, or party in question. My blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. If you would like your own disclosure policy go to: http://www.disclosurepolicy.org/
Everyone ~ Do enjoy